4. Responding To The Brief
As a designer at Sputnik, it's going to be important that you can understand and respond to a brief.
It's important that our clients are delighted by the way we communicate with them by understanding their requirements, and providing them with exactly what they need.
We'd like your application to demonstrate that you understand whatwe're looking for, and be supported by specific projects from your portfolio.
Approaches that interest us
- Ideally your portfolio would be provided in InVision or similar
- Points us as specific portfolio pieces that demonstrate the experience we're looking for, rather than a generic portfolio. It makes our life a little easier 😁
Approaches that probably won't interest us
- PDFs can be large in size, and don't always do your artwork justice
- Browsing your portfolio website can often be a mystery. After four items we're losing interest. We'd like to get an idea of how you'd treat our clients - make it easy and delightful, and leave a great impression
- Zip files and Dropbox - these are often massive files (we've received 300Mb files in the past)
As a guide, we'd like to see the following from your portfolio.
If you can only provide 85% of them, that's probably fine, as long as they meet the standards defined earlier.
Three unique logos demonstrating creativity and artistic ability
We don't do print, but seeing printed work can sometimes demonstrate creative talent that doesn't reveal itself in digital work. Don't worry if you haven't got any, but it would be goods to see two examples of printed materials (brochures or company reports are perfect) demonstrating typography and creative use of brand devices, ideally with bespoke additions such as illustrations
Three responsive websites (desktop and mobile screens) demonstrating;
Uniqueness and creativity
Thoughtful information architecture, user journeys and calls to action
Non-boxy / non-WordPress theme layouts
Two examples of complex dashboards or user journeys, such as customer portals, insurance journeys, airline bookings etc